Waste and recycling contract for schools
The County Council has arranged a waste and recycling contract, which is able to provide recycling collections to all schools in Gloucestershire. It provides a fantastic opportunity to get your pupils involved in recycling and help them learn not only how important it is but how easy and fun it can be.
What does the contract include?
You can recycle the following items:
- Paper -all types and colours are accepted, including junk mail, magazines and envelopes
- Plastic bottles
- IT equipment
- Fluorescent Light Tubes
- Glass bottles and jars
Food waste recycling
All schools in the County can also opt into the food waste recycling contract.
- Free bin rental
- Bins are replaced at each visit with one that is clean and sanitised
- Food can be loose or bagged within the bin
- Contractor will be responsible for any damage to the bins
- Weekly collection
- All waste is taken to the Anaerobic Digestion facility in Bishops Cleeve
- Invoices will be sent direct to sites, once per month
Anaerobic digestion is a natural process that uses bacteria to transform food waste into energy for the national grid.
For further information contact:
Support Services Officer
Gloucestershire County Council